Rant: high sounding language unsupported by dignity of thought - Samuel Johnson

Friday 13 November 2009

Turned off by traffic alerts

What's going on with the BBC's Traffic Alerts system? It's always been a bit of a pain when the TA thing cuts in at a much higher volume than the CD or radio station I'm listening to while driving. But its usefulness always outweighed the nuisance factor.

But this week it's driving me bananas. I've been receiving traffic reports from numerous local radio stations all over the country, one after the other. Earlier this week while I was stuck in a long queue I learned about the traffic in Sussex and Berkshire - but am still none the wiser as to what was holding up my journey in Hampshire. This morning, five stations blared at me in the space of 15 minutes.

I don't need to know what's going on in the next county along, or the one next to that. I don't care if there's a hold-up 100 miles away. I just want to know whether I need to take an alternative route to work!

Oh, and I just want the traffic report. I don't want to hear all the inane chat before and after the traffic report, between the Smashy & Nicey-style local radio DJ bloke and some simpering, giggling girly.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete