Rant: high sounding language unsupported by dignity of thought - Samuel Johnson

Monday 2 August 2010

Has anybody seen my invisibility cloak?

Did anybody see me shopping in Portsmouth at the weekend? No, of course not - I have become totally invisible.

People barged past without so much as an "excuse me", shut doors in my face, pushed in front of me in queues and ran over my feet with their pushchairs. At one point I picked a dress off the rack and a woman snatched it from my hand, muttered "Ooh, that's nice," and walked away with it.

This morning I was chatting to a colleague when another colleague stepped between us, turned his back on me and started telling colleague 1 about his weekend.

Like I said, totally invisible. And totally hacked off.

3 comments:

  1. karen_lowerquayAugust 02, 2010

    Great post! And a great opportunity. Wear that invisibility cloak to...do what you like, don't do what you don't like, say what you like, wear what you like (I've seen your FB photo...you've got the hang of that one!). Let us know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do - although I might have a problem posting the photos... :-)

    ReplyDelete