Rant: high sounding language unsupported by dignity of thought - Samuel Johnson

Thursday 13 January 2011

Keeping my thoughts to myself

Just found this in the unpublished drafts part of the blog. I've no idea what set me off on this rant - but the sentiments still stand!

I can fight my own battles and I don't want someone else doing it for me. And I always assume that the people I know are able to do the same.

That's not to say I don't sympathise if you've got a problem, or that I won't give you my support and help if you want it - I just won't go complaining on your behalf without your specific instructions to do so.

Nor will I presume to know what you're thinking or assume that your view is the same as mine. And just because I don't express a view, it doesn't mean I either disagree or agree with you. It doesn't mean I don't have a view. It just means that, for the moment, I'm keeping my thoughts to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment