Rant: high sounding language unsupported by dignity of thought - Samuel Johnson

Monday 31 January 2011

Fear and loathing in the dentist's chair, part 2

So, today was the day of the 15-minute follow-up dental appointment after the surprise extraction. Here's how it went:

Dentist: "Our computer's down. Why are you here?"
Chris: "I had a tooth out. You asked me to come back for a follow-up appointment."
Dentist: "Any problems?"
Chris: "Well, the tooth next to the hole is not supported on one side and now my bridge is unstable. I'm a musician, but I can't play until it's fixed. Oh, and I'm in constant pain."
Dentist: "There's nothing we can do about any of that."

Er, basically that was it. I was there for less than five minutes. She didn't even examine my mouth. I tried to clarify what she could do - but she just repeated that she couldn't do anything.

I think I need to change dentists again. Not playing is not an option. Nor is scoffing painkillers. And I'm certainly not going to just sit around waiting for all my teeth to fall out.

No comments:

Post a Comment